Preparing for moving day can be overwhelming at first. There seems to be an endless checklist of things to do. With more than 20 years experience in the moving business, we have devised a list of moving tips so that you're best prepared come moving day. Use our moving tips to facilitate your preparation:
- Start planning your move at least 6 weeks in advance. If possible, plan your move in an off-peak season, avoiding June to September.
- Ask your friends, neighbors and family for moving company references. Get at least three in-home written estimates before choosing a company.
- Be sure to obtain all required documents from your moving company, such as Your Rights and Responsibilities and Ready to Move brochures.
- Clear out the clutter in your house before packing. Dispose of anything you don't need to take with you to your new home. This will simplify your move and reduce packing time, as well as reduce the cost of your total move.
- Get help with packing beforehand. Sign on friends and family to help with the task. Allen and Coles Moving Systems even provides full-service packing if self-pack is not desired.
- Be sure to cancel all the utilities at your old house and have the new utilities turned on at your new residence.
- Have refreshments and snacks on hand for your moving crew, especially if you're moving during the warmer months. Either way, it's a nice gesture and will be much appreciated.
The most important of the moving tips for preparing for a move is to choose a reputable, experienced company such as Allen and Coles Moving Systems. Choosing the right moving company is imperative to the ease and success of your move. Preparing for a move should be hassle free, and at Allen and Coles Moving Systems: "We Make Moving Less Stressful."